The Tornados
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decisions on how to improve our chess, what must we do?

3 posters

Go down

Decisions on how to improve our chess, what must we do? Empty Decisions on how to improve our chess, what must we do?

Post  manch Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:25 pm

We must know the opening basics,
we must have our own opening repertoire including most of the common openings and openings that suit our taste,
we must have an idea about
midgame,
tactics
and
strategy

and a good knowledge of
endgame of all kinds.
I recommend everybody to read first wikipedia where every detail of chess is explained including chess history which every chess player who wants to improve his / her chess must know besides other things.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : to be understandable)
manch
manch
Admin

https://tornadoschess.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Decisions on how to improve our chess, what must we do? Empty Re: Decisions on how to improve our chess, what must we do?

Post  Check101 Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:51 pm

HEY! Why don't we take one or two of our team games every week, and one of us, has to do thorough analysis on that particular game and post all the analysis here. We can't use computers for the analysis, but we have to use our heads. And we can post corrections to the analysis if we want too.
Check101
Check101

Back to top Go down

Decisions on how to improve our chess, what must we do? Empty Re: Decisions on how to improve our chess, what must we do?

Post  Check101 Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:33 pm

By corrections, i mean every body. even the people who didn't actually post the analysis in the first place. What do all of you say about that?
Check101
Check101

Back to top Go down

Decisions on how to improve our chess, what must we do? Empty Startegic Attacks and Sacrifices

Post  xlxe5 Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Perhaps an analyses on games might be a good idea- but a duo analysis, as to one by all/any users and a concise one from a computer software

As for strategic attacks scratch -
I was hoping if anyone knows any good sacrifices to consider-I am learning some more study , but suggestions would be highly appreciative Smile

I currently sometimes play:
Greek Gift Sacrifice
Lawnmower Mate (also known as Stepping Stones and Double-Barrel Shot Gun mate), occasionally including sacrfices
Lasker's Double Bishop Sacrifice
Durins' Racket Strategy

If it helps, I generally play a somewhat defensive queens pawn game.

Last edited by xlxe5 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
xlxe5
xlxe5

Back to top Go down

Post  Check101 Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:43 pm

I didn't understand any of that, but I normally sacrifice to lure my opponent.
Check101
Check101

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum